Reporting to the Board of Directors, Community for Youth’s Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, finance, operations and strategic plans. The ED is responsible to provide strategic direction and collaborative leadership to establish and execute the organization’s mission. The ED must proactively manage staffing structure, resource allocation, and financial health of the organization driving towards organizational growth and sustainability. The ED enables CfY employees and the Board of Directors to do their best work by providing strong internal leadership through a consensus oriented, input seeking approach. The ED seeks out ways to stay connected to the programs and is willing to embrace and enhance an established culture of success.
Leadership and Strategy
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals established by the Board of Directors.
- Actively engage and energize CfY’s volunteers, Board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong diverse Board of Directors. Seek and build Board involvement with the strategic direction for both ongoing operations and fundraising.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain CfY’s senior management team.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
- Passionately communicate the mission – share CfY mission, goals and strategy and motivate partners, community collaborators, Board members, employees, and donors to implement this mission.
Fundraising and Communications
- Work directly with the Director of Development to expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and possible regional expansion. Cultivate and retain existing donors while making connections in the community to attract new donors.
- Work directly with the Data and Communications administrator to deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Act as an articulate and effective spokesperson for CfY on issues impacting youth in the community. Share our work in a meaningful and impactful way to create new development opportunities.
Management and Operations
Reinforce and support the existing organizational culture that values collaboration and transparency.
- Work in partnership with the Board, employees and volunteers to manage and update our Strategic plan and to develop ongoing annual work plans and operating budget that supports our work and mission.
- Develop and maintain internal financial controls, work with employees and Board to manage expenses and meet operational targets. Work proactively to develop long-term sustainable funding sources for the organization.
- Directly supervise Director of Development and Program Director. Indirectly manage Community Outreach Coordinator, Data and Communications Administrator and two AmeriCorp program staff.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to CfY’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading a community and youth development/mentoring based non-profit organization.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an outcomes-based organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget exceeding $1 million dollars.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing Board members and relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Action oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission driven, and self-directed.
Salary determined on experience and expertise.
Full medical and dental paid by organization.
144 hours of PTO plus 9 holidays.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com