Job Title: Data and Communication Administrator
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
OUR MISSION: Community for Youth inspires and supports the social, emotional, and academic development of students through mentoring, learning experiences, and a powerful community. It is our vision that all students graduate from high school with the skills needed to be successful in life and to make a positive impact on the community.
The Data and Communication Administrator will have responsibility in several areas, including developing and maintaining an organization-wide data plan; transferring data related to students, mentors, alumnae, donors, and funders into efficient tools and processes; analyzing outcomes data and determining related program impact; contributing to and implementing an organization-wide communications plan; maintaining and updating messaging through social media; and contributing to organizational goals for efficiency, stability, and impact.
- Input, track and update donor information in DonorPerfect.
- Enter and process all gifts received and ensure they are coded correctly.
- Create reports and complex queries as requested to support fundraising goals.
- Create and manage mailings and mailing lists for all invitations, save the dates and mailing campaigns throughout the year.
- Import all gifts and information from Greater Giving to DonorPerfect in a timely manner after all events. Track invitees, attendees and gifts in DonorPerfect.
- Work with, train and support the Development Team and Executive Director in entering notes, actions, and tracking relationships and proposals.
- Conduct quarterly maintenance within DonorPerfect to ensure data integrity.
- Manage the Development Policies and Procedures manual and update as changes happen.
- Work with the Finance team to reconcile accounts and sync systems.
- Be the point-person for all DonorPerfect questions and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the development of new database processes to meet current and future fundraising goals.
- Draft accurate, personalized and timely donor recognition for gifts; ensure thank you notes go out within 48 hours.
- Prepare materials for all upcoming donor and outreach meetings, including having informational packets prepared for unexpected meetings that arise.
- Collect notes from team members’ donor meetings and enter information into DonorPerfect.
- Conduct internal (database) and external (web) donor research.
- Keep all department files maintained and organized.
- Take lead role in collecting volunteer hours from departments and inputting into the donor database.
- Perform other administrative support duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative, logistical and event support for annual Auction Gala, house parties and other smaller events as they arise.
- Create and send e-invitations and e-save the dates via Constant Contact.
- Own the procurement process for the Auction, including managing relationships with Board members and tracking all procurement using Greater Giving.
- Coordinate volunteers for the Auction.
- Support the Development Director as necessary.
- Keep Community for Youth’s website up to date (WordPress platform).
- Manage Community for Youth’s online giving pages via DonorPerfect and Greater Giving.
- Implement social media, giving Community for Youth a regular presence on Twitter and Facebook and utilizing LinkedIn, YouTube and other platforms as necessary.
- Collect and post weekly blog posts, providing reminders to staff and volunteers to submit their articles on time for posting.
- Compile and send quarterly e-newsletters via Constant Contact.
- Keep updated on current education news and events to promote via social media.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Preference given to those with experience planning and implementing data and communication strategies.
- 2-3 years of experience with Customer Relationship Management software such as Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect or Salesforce.
- High customer service orientation and skills.
- Experience in donor information management.
- Ability to succeed in a small organization that is fast-paced.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
REQUIRED SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with particular aptitude working with Excel.
- Strong understanding of databases such as SalesForce, DonorPerfect and Raisers Edge. Need to be able to build macros and rules to customize database.
- Experience working with WordPress or another website platform or knowledge of HTML.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Effectively promotes Community for Youth’s mission and vision.
- Articulates vision and purpose of Community for Youth. Creates and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose. Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds appropriate rapport in a small team environment. Practices active listening. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Deals effectively with diversity. Uses diplomacy and tact. Diffuses difficult situations comfortably. Manages frustration appropriately. Easy to approach and talk to. Spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
- Innovative: ability to bring forward creative ideas and suggestions. Looks for better/more efficient ways to improve process and systems. Very organized. Marshals resources to get things done. Orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and follows established process.
- High customer service orientation dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of others, both internal and external to the organization. Highly motivated by results. Meets and exceeds goals successfully. Bottom-lined oriented. Pushes self for results. Sets clear objectives and measures and monitors process and progress.
- Prioritizes effectively. Spends his/her time and the time of others on what is important.
- Flexible: deals with unexpected tasks effectively.
- Salary commensurate with experience and expertise within the range of $45,000-$52,000 annually (exempt position).
- Benefits include paid holidays, 144 hours of PTO leave, company-paid medical and dental.
The work environment conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Routine office environment.
- Must be able to transport workshop and event materials to other locations.
- Occasional night and weekend work required during peak event season (November-January).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community for Youth provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Your employment with Community for Youth will be “at will,” meaning that either you or CfY may end your employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Kendra Steiner at email@example.com. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position and a description of why you are an ideal candidate. *Position open until filled