Request for Proposal: Event Planning and Execution for Community for Youth 15th Annual Auction Gala
November 2017 – February 2018
Community for Youth (CfY) inspires and supports the social, emotional, and academic development of students through mentoring, learning experiences, and a powerful community. It is our vision that all students graduate from high school with the skills needed to be successful in life and to make a positive impact on the community.
The following outlines the responsibilities that the Event Planner would oversee in association with Community for Youth’s Auction and Gala on Saturday, January 27, 2018. The fundraising event hosts 350 guests for a seated dinner and live auction at the Waterfront Marriott, with a silent auction and raffle preceding. Event planner would work in conjunction with Board members and volunteer event committee to manage the event successfully, starting November 2017 – January 2018.
- Event Planner would oversee and coordinate elements of event planning and execution to include the following elements:
- Develop project plan and timeline for event to be used as tracking tool and reporting to Board.
- Provide new ideas and thoughts on procurement, program, and fundraising efforts.
- Lead committee and provide necessary meeting reports to measure goals and progress working in conjunction with Board of Directors.
- Oversee auction item tracking, event registration, and volunteer management through the Greater Giving software program in conjunction with the Data and Communications Administrator.
- Oversee and coordinate event materials to include copy and production of catalog, menu, signage, auction display boards, etc.
- Manage contracted back of house coordinator (already contracted) check-in and check-out on the night of the event.
- Track and manage sponsorship benefits, e.g. logo and ad placement, fulfillment of seats at table and etc.
- Provide strategic analysis and recommendations for raffle, live and silent auction item procurement based on reviewing historical data and current trends to meet goals for auction and target demographics.
- Enter finalized items into Greater Giving software in partnership with the Data and Communications Administrator.
- Work with Auctioneer on live auction preparation.
- Provide reporting templates for procurement to help measure goals and progress.
- Assist with proper event licenses.
- Coordinate and oversee all vendors, to include:
- Catering (food and beverage)
- Coordinate program participants including the auctioneer, emcee, and guest speakers.
- Manage contracted services night-of check in and check out process
- Coordinate all registration support materials (auction display boards, bidder cards, bidder envelopes, check-in reports, bid forms, bidder file folders, check-out reports)
- Oversee and coordinate evening program, to include:
- Develop show schedule – evening program timeline
- Assist with the development of evening program script
- Develop production script for vendors
- Partner with Director of Programs regarding student and mentor engagement in program and auction
- Oversee and coordinate with venue on event logistics: diagrams, timeline, and AV.
- Work with event committee to assist with the execution of theme, staging, and décor.
- Collaborate with and lead CfY staff, volunteers and other contractors to oversee the event’s execution.
- Oversee program timeline, including program participants and special performances.
- Provide consulting to include: addressing any questions regarding procurement, raffle, event materials, event programming, event production, and fundraising between November 2017 – February 2018.
- Provide review and post-mortem for event.
CfY staff will be responsible for event planning and execution activities including the following under leadership of Event Planner:
- Manage event budget to include payables, invoicing and outstanding receivables (Executive Director)
- Auction item procurement (Data & Communications Administrator)
- Oversee and assist with auction item data entry, item descriptions, and donor information
- Coordinate tracking, pick up, and labeling of auction items
- Coordinate auction item (physical and non-physical) follow up post-event
- Oversee sponsor solicitation and invoicing (Executive Director and Data & Communications Administrator)
- Table Captain support (Executive Director)
- Prepare and send table captain / sponsorship “invite” packets
- Enter registrations and coordinate table seating assignments
- Track and maintain table captain and sponsorship data and reporting
- Guest registration, communication and support (Data & Communications Administrator)
- Coordinate event copy and promotions on website, including online registration
- Coordinate mailing of invitations and catalogs/programs as needed
- Coordinate email blasts to promote event and push registrations
- Send thank you letters with donor receipts post-event
- Coordinate and distribute post-event communication to guests
- Reconcile post-auction credit card processing
- Volunteer support (Program Team)
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for day-of and night-of volunteer jobs
- Event support (Executive Director)
- Assist with evening program script
- Identify video participants and assist with video filming, if applicable
Estimated budget: $15,000 – $20,000
Please submit clarifying questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2017
Please provide response to proposal and list of references by October 27, 2017.